Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

1.25.2007

If it tastes good, spit it out

This is a follow up to yesterday’s post about my gym rat status. I am pretty intense about working out, but I have rarely let that creep over to my social activities. My thinking has been that there is no point to working out and trying to look good if you can not go out and enjoy yourself. And while I still sort of believe that I have recently entered into a 12 week cutting contest, my thinking has changed. I am two weeks into this contest and already my new eating patterns have crept into my social activities. In the past no matter how serious I was about eating at home I would always make exceptions when going out with friends but not this time. Since I weighed in two weeks ago my eating habits have been very strict. In those two weeks I have attended two events that would have easily been exceptions for me in the past, a BBQ and a basketball game. I am one of those people who think the food is an integral part of viewing sports; BBQing is a must when watching a game on TV and when in person you have to have hot dogs and beers (and sometimes cracker jacks or cotton candy). So you can imagine how hard it was for me to bring food to a BBQ and have a protein bar and water at the Wizards game. Thankfully, those situations only come up once a week or so unlike the food that is constantly available and staring at me at home. My roommates, who are constantly cooking or baking, are my biggest challenge in all of this and I am not sure they understand the position they put me in. I don’t want to disappoint them but I just can not eat everything they are making right now, especially the damn cookies that are always in the kitchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home