Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

12.28.2006

This is just a dream we dreamed

This is most likely going to be my last post of 06 so I guess it is as good a time as any to do the New Year post. 2006 has been quite a year, so many things have changed, a lot have stayed the same. I accomplished some things I wanted to and others I let slip but looking back on it all I can say I am better for the experience. With my birthday so close to the end of the year I have already given a list of some of things I did this year but the experience was more than just a list of things. I know that it gets harder to judge what we have accomplished each year as we get older, there are less milestone moments and not as many good times to look back and judge ourselves. On the other hand though, maybe it is good for us to stop judging and constantly looking back. Don’t go forgetting your past or anything but look forward a little more. You never know what you will find around the next corner of life. So, cherish the good moments, leave the bad and look forward to another year. Other than that, I leave this year with a song and a link to what I wrote before last New Year’s Eve. Happy New Year.

Look out of any window, any morning, any evening, any day.
Maybe the sun is shining, birds are singing,
No rain is falling from a heavy sky.
What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
For this is all a dream we dreamed one afternoon, long ago.

Walk out of any doorway, feel your way, feel your way like the day before.
Maybe youll find direction,
Around some corner where its been waiting to meet you.
What do you want me to do, to watch for you while you are sleeping?
The please dont be surprised when you find me dreaming too.

Look into any eyes you find by you, you can see clear to another day,
Maybe been seen before, through other eyes on other days while going home.
What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
Its all a dream we dreamed one afternoon, long ago.

Walk into splintered sunlight,
Inch your way through dead dreams to another land.
Maybe youre tired and broken,
Your tongue is twisted with words half spoken and thoughts unclear

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.

Just a box of rain, wind and water,
Sun and shower, wind and rain,
In and out the window like a moth before a flame.

And its just a box of rain, I dont know who put it there,
Believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare.

And its just a box of rain, or a ribbon for your hair;
Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.


Grateful Dead - Box of Rain. I would have put up the actual audio if I could have figured it out, sorry. Great song, I am sure you can find a live version to download.



1 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

What can I say - great minds think alike :)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home