Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

12.11.2006

No Yelling

Recently, we have had a new roommate move in to what the two teachers I live with like to call the “Safe House”. They handled the recruitment process and decided on a guy to move in to keep the house balanced. Since, I don’t care either way I went along with it and we interviewed a bunch of people before deciding on one. However, there was about a month that I was living alone in the basement and I really began to like it. Now, I have this roommate sharing the bathroom with me and constantly trying to kill me by using a ton of bleach on the shower. And my whole morning routine is shot, some mornings I wake up to my alarm raring to go and then hear the shower start, which totally messes me up. But, besides all that he really is a nice guy, his parents took us out to dinner when he moved in and outside of the bathroom he is clean and friendly and does not get in the way. So why do I find myself constantly yelling at him? Well, he is deaf and I am a moron. I just can’t help it, I know it doesn’t help and my other roommates think its funny but I can’t stop. And to top it off I also happen to use confusing body language when I talk to him. For instance I will nod yes but say maybe, and to a person who reads lips and notices these things that is really annoying. I also sometimes forget and don’t look at him when I talk but that is not nearly as bad as the other things. So, if you happen to be in Falls Church and hear someone yelling, it isn’t a domestic dispute, I’m just having a friendly conversation with my new roommate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home