Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

12.15.2006

Greavarty 2006

In about 4 or 5 hours I will be back in New York. Last time I went just to get out of town but this time we are going to party. Greavarty actually, a car full of DC fools are going to crash our good friends Housewarming party. Our evite acceptance pretty much turned this from a calm evening to an all out bash and some of us haven't even left our offices yet. I could really use the time away right now.

Between being really busy at work and not being able to sleep I have been a mess and having a hard time writing. Sure, I want to write and I actually have written things but they suck, so I don't post them. For instance after we met our deadline at work, my team went out for happy hour and an interesting revelation was made. I am the only white member of my team, and even I am Jewish. I didn't even notice until they told me, which probably says a little about my upbringing, a lot about where I work and I think it's a great thing to have such diversity in small pockets. No two people on our team have the same background and I find myself learning a lot from these people because of it.

I wish I could spend more time thinking about things like that but my days get thrown into a loop by odd dreams and poor nights of sleep. When I remember my dreams they have the ability to take over my attitude for the entire day after I wake up. It is similar to the way my Ipod can change my entire workout. If all my dreams are like the one I had last night I should either be sleeping more or not sleeping at all, but I can guarantee this there are no Greavarties in dream land and that in itself is enough to keep me awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home