Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

11.01.2006

Work From Home Wednesdays

Join the revolution people. It starts today, a word of mouth campaign to save the American workforce. I think such a simple gesture could change business in this country as we know it. Think about it, we are burning ourselves out faster than ever and in a country that should be at the forefront of technology we aren’t taking advantage. Now, as we all have seen over recent years communication technology has made advances that have allowed us to open up the global market in major ways, as a consultant I get to see this first hand and perhaps my job offers the type of freedom that can be extended to other positions. Well, at least for one day a week. I have been both a home worker and an everyday office guy, so I know the benefits and downsides of both, which is why I am proposing one day a week where the country doesn’t commute, where we can get things done around the house, where we don’t have to get out of our pajamas to get some work done. Think about how much this would help morale around the office, you still work and you still have things to do only it feels different because it’s a special day from home. I am working from home today, this Wednesday, it will be the first of many, how many of you will join me next week?

If Spain can have siestas we Americans deserve Work From Home Wednesday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Dude sign me up

Also could be Home for Hump Day

3:43 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

Home for Hump Day sounds a little provocative for this stuffy town.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home