Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

11.09.2006

Who’s got next?

Today is my last day on my current project at work. As a consultant you get used to changing clients constantly but it is always an adventure. In the public sector we get to stick with our clients a little longer than some of the commercial consultants who are in and out before you even knew there name. I think being in public sector makes moving on from project to project a little more difficult since you are around long enough to make some relationships. Still, it is good to be able to move on and find something new to keep you interested or to just find a better fit. I am not sure what I will be doing next yet, or even where I will be doing it from. I could be in Rhode Island, Chicago or DC. And those are just the options as of today, tomorrow there could be more. But tomorrow is Veterans Day and I do not exactly have to work.

Speaking of Veterans Day how come I have no recollection of this holiday at all? I get it, the name really couldn’t be clearer but it sparks absolutely no memories. I vividly remember what we did for other holidays when we were in elementary school but when I plod through the recesses of my mind I get nothing. The file for Veterans Day is empty. Even the holidays that didn’t have an elementary school memory have something like bbq’s or the beach or the family, you name it I have a distinct feel for it and a complete mental image but for tomorrow all I get is little army guy hats. And just typing that made me think of little army men but now I am completely off track and not thinking about Veterans Day at all. So, with no memories and most of my friends working I will spend the Vets day doing things for myself I guess.

In preparation for the holiday that will be soon called Leaf Day in Falls Church, VA I will be listening to “Watching the Detectives” (Elvis Costello, awesome song) another hundred times today and preparing a grocery list. I think it will be a great holiday for me but I have no idea who’s got next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home