Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

11.16.2006

The Short List

I find myself in uncomfortable territory these days. Recently, I took over a semi-important position with work and while it seemed harmless at the time it was not. I am now on what I like to call the short list. That is the email distribution list reserved for important people in my area. This troubles me on so many levels, first of which is that I am an eternal outsider and uncomfortable with being part of the inner circle. Secondly, I used to call these people nerds for being on the short list and now I am one of them. And finally, I am that much closer to being figured out to be the fraud that I am. I am not important and every time I get one of these emails I ask myself why I am on the list. Yet, I find the whole situation to be pretty positive, false importance or not, I am on the short list and its not a bad place to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home