Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

11.15.2006

My Problem with Jarvis

In my football dominated world the biggest disappointment I had this week was not the total cost of fixing my car, it was Jarvis Moss getting suspended. Now, we have no confirmation of what Jarvis actually did but it is speculated that he failed a drug test. And while I have absolutely no problem with marijuana I do have a problem with someone breaking team rules and having their decisions affect others. Most college kids are smoking weed, especially that Gainesville green, but they don’t have to take drug tests or worry about hurting the performance of anyone else by their use. Football players are rightfully or wrongly held to higher standards and they should try to live up to them. So, my problem with Jarvis is that he let people down and put an entire team and a lot of hard work in jeopardy.

Side rant: Most football players and college students are doing other illegal things that are not tested for. I know for a fact many were drinking underage and even if caught most probably would not miss a game for that. Personally, I think its time to legalize that dirt and stop treating it like it’s a capitol offense. I don’t even smoke the stuff but I trust my man Bob Marley.

"Yeah, man. It's time to let de people get good herbs and smoke. Government's a joke. All dey wan' is ya smoke cigarettes and cigar. Some cigar wickeder den herb. Yeah, man, ya can't smoke cigar. Smoke herb. Some big cigar me see man wit', God bless! Me tell him must smoke herb."

Bob Marley


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home