Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

11.06.2006

And the Days go by so fast

Another weekend down the drain and I find myself back in the office I love so much. But, a lot of great things occurred this weekend and while work is still work it seems there may be some happenings that might not be so bad.

On Thursday after picking up my friend from the airport we made a trip to MVC (if you can find it you will understand) which led to some interesting moments over the weekend.

My doctor told me to watch what I eat, as if I don’t already, then I proceeded to eat the least healthy food I have consumed in a long time. It wasn’t just that I left the doctors office and went straight to IHOP for breakfast or that I had dinner at Cheesecake Factory later that night. But I also went camping.

Before we left for our camping excursion we also managed to check out the Borat movie and well, it lived up to the enormous hype. It was funny, it was sad and at times I could not breathe from laughing so much. See this movie, I am very tough on the movies I will pay $10 to see in a crowded theater but this is worth it. It was funny and sad while it poked fun at portions of our society that some of us choose to ignore because they embarrass us.

Myself, JB, Mike and Courtney headed up about an hour away to a KOA campground near the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers. The place was actually pretty packed despite the freezing temperatures. But, the cold was not that bad; we all layered up pretty well and kept a decent fire going most of the night. I was a little skeptical to be honest but once we got there and had our tents up the rest of the night was amazing. We ate a lot, I mean a lot (Moo Burgers, Smores, Popcorn, Chili, pretzels, sour patch kids, Beef Stew, tater tots, cocoa, pancakes, bacon, and lots of beer and whiskey). The trip was perfect until I drove into a tree stump on my way out and messed up the bottom of my front bumper.

After getting home JB and I spent the rest of the day in bed until she had to catch her flight home. And that was my weekend until I woke up for work this morning where life is back to normal, I am still tired and plan on sleeping as much as possible the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home