Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.13.2006

This is what we do now

Apparently, the reply all button on gmail is the new gateway to the world. In college, the big thing was always instant messenger and while it still is a big part of my working day what really passes the time now is mass emails. Give us a topic or none at all and someone to make fun of and we will have 50 emails by COB. Nothing passes the time more than a long pointless email chain. For instance, today’s email is already at 26 replies as of 3:30 today. It started harmlessly as a suggestion of where to watch tomorrow nights football game and slowly became a battle to outwit the other contributors. Make a grammar mistake and prepare to be grilled, make a bad joke about another person on the list and prepare for retaliation. Also, allow yourself to indulge in self-deprecating humor, half the list is Jewish after all, but most of all plan to be entertained.

We will do anything to kill the time during the day, anything other than actually doing our work that is. When a client of mine calls me I get pissed that I actually have to speak to someone because they are interrupting my chain of thought for my next reply all. Those jerks. If you don’t have 10 – 15 friends that want to send emails back and forth all day about nothing here are some other things you might want to do to kill time.

Read Aaron Karo’s Ruminations

Plan your trip to one of the best haunted houses in America

Listen to music on Pandora.

Have a good weekend. Shabbat Shalom and Go Gators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home