Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.10.2006

Things I just don’t get

Why people combine the fight chants or sayings of other schools with theirs. Recently I have seen the following:

Geaux Gators (used by LSU Geaux Tigers)

Roll Gators (used by Bama Roll Tide)

War Gators (used by Auburn War Eagle)

and today

Hook ‘em Gators (used by Texas Hook em Horns)

The first three are opponents of the Gators and used during that game week. But the Longhorns never play us and a Gator does not have horns to actually hook anything with. Furthermore, “Geaux” is incredibly gay and French and should not be used by anyone least of all fans of a football team, and definitely not by fans of a rival team. And I do not get Bama or Auburn at all, they are both from Alabama where sense is completely optional but seriously Roll Tide? What on earth does that mean? They are cheering a flash flood. This brings me back to Auburn who really needs to decide on a mascot, you can be an eagle or you can be a tiger, pick one and stick with it. Personally, I would go with the eagle since one of your biggest rivals is already a Tiger (see LSU). Plus you are using that stupid War Eagle chant and it’s in your commercials, so get rid of that Tiger mascot already.

That’s all for now, I am sure there will be more things I just don’t get but until then…

We Are… Florida (nope, that doesn’t work either, GO GATORS!!!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous andrea said...

My favorite one was Geaux.

I cannot stop laughing about it!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

welcome back to comment land. Silly Cajuns spell things funny but they make great Jumbalaya.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home