Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.24.2006

Super hero Bullets

- Heroes last night was great. This has to be the best new show on TV this year and I am so proud that I knew what Peter’s real power was. It became obvious to me early on but I wasn’t sure until the end of last week when he talked with future Hiro. I am not a genius or anything and I am sure others noticed this before me but it’s really cool that Peter has the abilities of whoever he is around; I enjoyed that twist a lot. I have also grown on the She-Hulk Nikki who I previously said had no powers but a split personality. Damn, this show is great, I spent Sunday night watching all the episodes then watched the new one on Monday and at the end of every episode I am left thinking how amazing the episode was and how I can not wait until next Monday.


- Justice League Heroes is a lot of fun. I picked up this game sometime last week and have been playing it off and on since. For those of you who don’t know the Justice League features Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern and the Martian Manhunter as well as other characters. This game is very similar to the Marvel action RPG X-Men Legends and its sequel. The games themselves are not that deep or difficult but it’s great to fly around as Superman.


- And speaking of Superman, I think Smallville is still going strong. I’ve been hooked on this show for years, even through college it was the only show that I religiously watched. And as the characters get older the story line moves closer to that of the super hero that Clark Kent will be. I can not wait to see how this season develops.



So, when exactly did I become such a super hero head? I definitely did not take the ordinary route to comic book and by extension super hero fandom. I was the last kid on the block that you would see with comics. Mostly this was a byproduct of my mom’s desire to keep me from being nerdy. She thought I had to try extra hard to not be a nerd since I had asthma, so I basically played every sport imaginable although I was pushed to do well in school it was nowhere near as important as physical prowess in sports. I was pretty good too, for a while anyway. I was your typical American boy; I played sports, collected baseball cards and played Tecmo Bowl. It was only really through cartoons and movies that I was ever exposed to comics and their characters. All of this has changed recently as I have really been drawn to these fantasy based stories and have been trying to find and read all the great comics that I missed out on in my youth. I don’t think I will ever become a fanboy or anything but I definitely want to read the classics to see where these TV shows and movies came from and to experience them in their intended form. I figure if you are gonna read the Lord of the Rings to fully appreciate Tolkien you really should read Alan Moore to really understand the Joker and the Batman. Plus, I think all of us have a little part of us that wants to be special and these stories show us that just maybe we can be.

1 Comments:

Blogger CartoonSecrets said...

Hi and thanks for the opportunity to post on your nice blog.

I just developed a website dedicated to cartoons and different cartoon heroes. It’s still young, but growing at a fast pace ;)

So far I have covered these cartoon series briefly, but I am planning to add more details on characters and individual episodes.

Baby Looney Tunes
Batman animated series
Cow and Chicken
Dexter's Laboratory
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Johnny Bravo
Justice League
Samurai Jack
Yu-Gi-Oh GX

Hope you like my site and I’d be interested in exchanging ideas or content with similar websites or blogs.

Best regards,

Michael

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home