Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.18.2006

Reconnecting

Yesterday I was forwarded an email from my old teacher. I have mentioned him before but have not spoken to him in about 8 years. Back in the day when I was in his class we were still using snail mail for communication and email was not as common as it is today. Anyway, I was a senior in high school who had a lot of things on my plate that I deemed more important than writing letters back and forth to my teacher in Israel. College apps, girlfriends, work, school work and partying took up most of my time and so eventually I just moved on. I went to college and did my thing and that was that. Every once in a while I have talked about Yossi and I have thought about him on occasion, when a former student of his died in combat during the fighting with Lebanon I was crushed and felt more connected to the conflict than ever before. And now thanks to a forwarded email I have a chance to reconnect with him and possibly help him out after all these years. But I just don’t know what to say, I don’t know where to start. He was a huge influence in my life and yet I can’t put down the opening line of an email. I have had that email open since I received it and still haven’t put down a single word in the reply field. How do you start the process of reconnecting with someone after not speaking for so long?

In other news spraining my ankle has got me doing two of my favorite things, limping and lying in bed half conscious thanks to my pain medication. The good news is that for the first time since I rolled my ankle over the weekend it was not hurting when I woke up so I am hoping it will be healthy enough to make it through the Haunted Forest this Saturday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home