Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.21.2006

It’s a mini music miracle

At the beginning of the week, as I often do, I sent out an email to my friends of upcoming events. They usually involve bands or good happy hours, sporting events and haunted houses. Most times the music is overlooked and I am left missing out on seeing a band or having to find other people to go with me. And that is how I thought it was going to be this week. The responses to my very insightful email, which included links to the bands and the other events, only received positive responses for the Haunted Forest on Saturday night. So, after work on Friday I had resigned myself to a nice chill night home, I ate dinner and lit candles and was going to throw on a movie when my phone started ringing.

I had just finished telling people I was staying in but then Pat called and Kevin called, Mint called and EK IMed me, who then gave Sophia my screen name and she IMed me. Next thing I know I am jumping in the shower and getting ready to head out. I know it was just a little thing for people to finally want to do something for the sole reason that I suggested it but I was thrilled. I had seen both bands before, they are locals, and I really enjoyed them so I had hoped my friends would want to check them out. The bands, EBP and Shane Hines, were pretty good. EBP the opener in my opinion was better but Shane put on a pretty good show too, he covered a Police song and Rocket Man. We got to the club about half way through the opening set and ended up finding a perfect spot at the bar where we enjoyed the rest of the show. Afterwards we lost Mint and Kevin and Pat but Sophia, Ed and I found our way to the Grill for some more live music. A cover band was playing that did a slow version of Outkast’s Hey Yeah that was amazing. The three of us hung out there until the lights came on and we were forced out onto the street, found Soph a cab and Ed and I metro’d home. It was a great night from the beginning because it was unexpected but it was made better when everyone enjoyed themselves and we made more concert plans in the future. I like mini miracles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home