Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.19.2006

It’s a Bye Week

* This Saturday Florida’s Mighty Gators are receiving a much needed break. They are resting up and trying to get better after a tough loss last Saturday on the Plains. But last night as I was driving home I realized two things. The first was that after watching two weeks of Lost I had completely lost interest in that show again and the second was that not only does the football team get a bye so do the fans.

It is a strange feeling to realize how much football affects fans, especially those from big programs in the south. I wait all summer for football, now that I am an adult summer is a big waste of time and I just want fall practice to start. The basketball team kept me occupied and on edge for most of the Spring but Summer was a wasteland. And now that football is here it consumes just about everyday of the week. That is until the bye week. I don’t think I have realized in the past but this week has just felt so different from the past 6. I have not been anxious or nervous or all over the internet looking for articles about my team. I have not called Trey every night on my way home to talk about how so and so looked at practice. I did call Nicole but not to talk her through her drive to Gainesville, just to talk about normal things like life and work and Haunted Forests, which she is totally missing out on. EK is still crazy as ever about the Gators but at least he gets Saturday off from driving himself nuts watching our boys play. So, as much as I love football season I am really happy we get a bye week. I can rest up my ankle, make some normal plans and not drink 3 car bombs and 10 beers this Saturday, well I probably will still do that it just wont take as long because I wont be staring at the TV watching my teams every move.



*I wanted to put up a picture of an alligator resting or sleeping but it wasn't exactly a peaceful looking picture so I used dogs instead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack's Shack said...

I am still big on Lost, but that is me.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

Yeah everyone loves Lost, I will probably watch it again next week. But I really dislike Locke so I had no desire to watch Wednesday's episode.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home