Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.16.2006

In Dreams

Friday night is made for drama, girl drama, and that ruined my trip to Safeway entirely. So, I made up my grocery shopping early Saturday morning. I then spent the entire day anxious for our game to start and trying to kill time until kickoff. I went on to cheer for the Gators as much as I could, resulting in my first cheering related injury. That’s right I managed to roll my ankle while cheering for a TD in the first half. Luckily, I got a lot of rest in the 2nd half as there was nothing to cheer for. After the very disappointing loss EK and I headed out for more drinking to wash away our sorrows and to make my leg not hurt. Brilliant as that idea was I still had to ref two soccer games the next day and now my leg is absolutely killing me.

After getting home and lying in bed icing my ankle for the rest of the afternoon I was treated to an amazing roommate dinner. One of my lovely roommates is a fantastic cook and was cooking for a guy friend of hers that last minute could not make it. And as the backup plan one other roommate and I were treated to delicious chicken breaded in some sort of homemade combo created via food processor and some rice and cheese dish that was amazing. Then we followed it all up with a hazelnut chocolate mousse for dessert. My roommates are really growing on me.

Being back at work sucks after working from home on Friday, I considered calling in sick or trying to work from home again. In the end it was best to be here and show my face but I really get the exact same done at home, only I am more comfortable when I do it. One good thing to come of the day is remembering my dream last night which is very rare for me. It was one of those revealing dreams that point to some of those concerns that you have about things you are thinking about but never really think through. I was in Israel all by myself, randomly my cousin was there for a while, but she left the dream at some point and I was wandering around alone without the right money and without a strong handle on the language. I have looked up flights since then; all the dream did was remind me that I have very valid concerns and shouldn’t jump into anything. But at the same time it made me realize that fears aside I should find a way to explore the land to realize if my fears are worth overcoming. In the past I looked into programs over there and I think a good program with a set time table would be a good shot. I just need one that allows me enough freedom to be part of society and give me something to do while I am there. That or I could continue living in my dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home