Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.04.2006

I was supposed to be out of town this weekend

But money and fatigue have finally caught up to me. September was everything I had hoped it would be. 4 great weeks that almost became 5 with another trip to NYC for a long weekend. Instead I will be spending this weekend relaxing and reffing soccer in the district. But, I would like to look back on the September that was.

It all started with a Labor Day excursion in New York that was everything I could have asked for to start my month. I saw a ton of good friends, caught a gator game at the Gin Mill and fell in the love with the city again. After that weekend I came back to DC with a new look on life and some great new friends.

The very next weekend we caught the Gator game at the new DC Gator Bar and again enjoyed some great company. With out of town guests and plenty of friends around us we turned an afternoon game into a late night. It was pretty chill compared to the rest of the month.

After a weekend at home I took the next Friday off of work and headed down to Knoxville, TN. I spent that weekend in an RV just off the University of Tennessee campus. We partied on Friday night and bbq’ed on Saturday then watched the Gators beat the Vols in a close one at night. I returned home that Sunday and rested up for the next weekend.

Before I could blink my eyes friends were heading into town. I was at the airport Thursday afternoon to pick up JB before we went to a Grey’s Anatomy premier party. On Friday I worked from my couch all day and then headed out to Georgetown for a little while to meet up with another friend who had just arrived in town. And then Saturday we spent the entire day at the Virgin Mobile Festival. It was an amazing day of music and fun and crappy food. We then headed home, ate taco bell and passed out before a relaxing Sunday that included dinner with my best friends at Hooters.

Again I spent the week recovering and working a lot before enjoying an amazing Alabama-Florida bbq at the Rettew’s house. The food was great, I had two of everything and my bbq sauce has increased its fan base. It has also gained calls for my mom to visit me so she can cook for everyone. And since she has not visited a single time in the 2.5 years I have lived here she is way overdue.

The month ended with Yom Kippur fast turning the calendar to October. That was the month that was, this month is much less exciting but will still feature a lot of fun. I am hoping to have a visitor in town to go to the Haunted Forest with, we will catch some good football games on the weekends and possibly end the month in Jacksonville or at a Halloween party in Georgetown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home