Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.30.2006

Fighting the urge


After being away from the blog for the weekend I am always tempted to write about my weekend. Then I think about my weekend and realize how incredibly boring that would sound to an outside observer. Watch this, try not to fall asleep. Friday night I sat in my living room on the phone for about an hour until my phone started to die, then I drove around in my car where my phone could charge for about another hour. Two or so hours on the phone and aimless driving, that was my Friday night. And Saturday wasn’t much better, I had breakfast and watched College Gameday then met up with some friends to watch the Gator game. After the game I just went home and stayed in, I am lame. Sunday I went to the gym and ran errands, then watched football and saw the Departed. Departed was really good, and I rarely like movies like this. Cops and robbers just don’t do it for me, but this was a good, well acted and directed flick and the music in the movie I found to be great as well, especially the cover of Comfortably Numb.

Looking forward to the week ahead is a little bit more entertaining. Tonight I will split my time between a roommate interview, the Vikings vs. the Pats and Heroes. Then tomorrow I have to finish my preparations for guests and camping. Wednesday I work from home and Thursday JB will be flying in although she is being lame and not using the invisible plane or bringing her golden lasso.

And I just wanted to throw this in here to show you all how crazy I actually am. I do some things that would probably be classified as OCD, they aren’t bad really, just certain rules I make for myself that I try to follow, fortunately I am OK with breaking them occasionally. One place where there are lots of rules is when I use the restroom at work. I drink a ton of water and spend half my day walking back and forth to the bathroom. But once I get there it becomes decision time. First you should know that this bathroom has three stalls and three urinals. I will not use one urinal (the midget one) and one stall (handicapped). So now I am choosing between the 4 remaining options, here I wont use a urinal or a stall if someone just finished using them, nor will I use one if the person before me did not flush, and I try not to use one with someone using the one immediately next to the one I want to use, unless its in the stall. And then after all that I won’t use the sink that I just saw someone use or the weird sink at the end but will use a sink next to someone. And then finally when walking out there are two options for paper towels, I will not use the one where you have to pull down on the lever, instead I have to use the one where you can just pull the paper towels out on their own. But here is the craziest part, all of this only matters in the office, in most other restrooms I don’t care at all but for some reason the one at work has certain rules. So among other things I find myself fighting the urge to not let my oddities overtake my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home