Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

10.25.2006

And so I'm turning to Bob Marley

My day has not gone so well and I have been in a shitty mood for most of the afternoon. But, I don’t want that to pour over into anything I write today. Actually I had decided not to write, at least not until after working out or getting home and getting into bed. But no, I will write something, it wont make sense and it wont flow, nor will any of it seem to go together but it will be written. And when I read this later I will probably delete it for hating it so much.

The other night when we were driving through the country on the way to the haunted forest two thoughts crossed my mind. The first was how quiet and peaceful it was and how odd it was that you could see the stars so well. The second was that I could never live that far from the grocery store. I then said this out loud and our country friends in the backseat something about having to go into town. I can never be a person who has to go into town, I need to live in the town. Who are these people that can live more than ten minutes from a grocery store and how many freezers do they own? I am at the store on average 5 days a week. I guess there is no country home in my future but this does make me question my boat fantasy.

This could also go in the Things I Just Don’t Get category. People constantly call me around 4 pm on a Wednesday. I answer the phone a little hushed being I work in a cubicle and without fail these people ask me if I am working. Every single time my answer is the same “Its 4pm on a Wednesday, of course I am working” and somehow they are all still shocked and they still call. But, before I piss them off, I love you all and appreciate your calls, just stop asking stupid questions.

Remember the bachelor party debacle? If you have been reading for a while or looked at some of my old stuff you will know that one of my old college roommates is getting married in February and we have been trying to plan his bachelor party for months. He has slacked on it for so long that nothing ever got achieved even though there are dirt cheap flights to Vegas in January. His latest idea was the SECCG in Atlanta in early Dec. which would be great if I was not going to be in Florida for ten days before that and therefore have no vacation left. That idea was not working and now the DC crew has won the ultimate victory, our friend is considering coming to us for a weekend of debauchery and things you shouldn’t speak of in the dullest city in America.

There is a moment every night in the middle of fall when I am leaving the office and about to get into my car that I think is absolute magic. Sometimes like tonight I just stand there with my door open for a few seconds and take it all in. The air is cool and crisp and smells great and the sky is just light enough to still see pretty well. I don’t know what it is exactly about that twilight moment but it helps erase all the crap that can build up during the day.

So I guess that’s it for today. Think positive people, tomorrow I am getting violated by a trained professional.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home