Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

9.21.2006

Tennessee Weekend part 3: The Game

This weekend was too much fun and too much info to throw into one post so this will be a three part series discussing taking a roadie by yourself, RV life and of course the amazing football game.

Neyland stadium is huge. That is the first impression you get from outside the stadium, the second is usually wow that orange is hideous. I have heard many people complain about how difficult it was to find the seats and sections but we had no problems at all. Our seats were in section A about 20 rows up, with a pretty good view although we were very close to one endzone and had trouble seeing plays at the other end of the field. This being a college game we turned our 4 seats into 8 by sneaking in two friends and two random girls my cousin met outside. The girls hilariously bribed a cop to let them into the stadium; they had no tickets at all. Somehow I doubt I would have that kind of luck with the Knoxville PD. Anyway, the game kicks off and everything goes great, first play we pick off the pass, our section goes nuts. But the old guys in front of us were not feeling it at all. I kind of felt bad for them, having us standing on their seats and bumping into them but I paid $100 for that ticket and I was going to enjoy every second of it. The game itself was extremely intense, at times frustrating and also so great to be a part of. I find it silly that people’s moods are so affected by the play of 18-22 year old boys in a game that most of us played ourselves but I can’t help but be one of those people. When we lose I am upset and when we win I am overjoyed, I don’t apologize for it but I realize I take it a little too seriously at times, which makes me fear for those much worse than I. Fan is short for fanatic after all. But on that night none of it really mattered, we were on the joyful end of fandom after a 1 point victory over one of our bitter rivals in their stadium. Most of my friends took over the strip but I just went back to my RV, had some beers and reveled in the moment with the other people in our lot.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home