Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

9.12.2006

Skol Vikings – Monday Night Football

My favorite month of the year is turning into a devastating spiral of over indulgence that might end up shaving years off my life. The nonstop insanity continues this week with the Monday night opener at FedEx Field. After a weekend that left me exhausted right up until the moment I left work at noon on Monday I really had no idea how I would be able to pull it together and get up for the game. Thankfully, my friend Miller Lite decided he would help me out. That, some potato chips and a 9 dollar sandwich did the trick. I threw in some gumbo from a Cajun Viking fan and got a good laugh out of the crack jokes thrown at Michael Irvin. And it all added up to one wasted Leaf who got to watch a Vikings victory in a big stadium. We didn’t get any pics inside the stadium because we spent most of the game restraining ourselves from hurting annoying Redskins fans. One even had the nerve to talk shit about the Minnesota State Fair. Talk shit about anything you want but you do not mess with the fair or Como Zoo for that matter. In the end we won, I went home happy and was somehow still smart enough not to fight any of the moron Redskins fans who most likely represent the worst DC has to offer. Below are some pictures and a final thought from the game. I was actually a little bit hard on myself yesterday when I spoke about the missed opportunities following 9/11, I am not really heartless, just disappointed, last night during half time I definitely got a little choked up watching 90,000 people wave the American flag and sing “I’m Proud to be an American” and then joined in with a member of FDNY as we sang God Bless America. Redskins’ fans still suck but that was a nice a moment shared between complete strangers. Winning team fans after the game.
Michael Irvin likes crack, loves Dallas and is universally hated in DC.
Lefty QBs are better than right handed ones.
Boomer thinks we all needed to drink more, he was so wrong.


SKOL VIKINGS, LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
SKOL VIKING, HONOR YOUR NAME!
GO GET THAT FIRST DOWN
THEN GET A TOUCHDOWN!
ROCK'EM...SOCK'EM...
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
GO VIKINGS, RUN OUT THE SCORE!
YOU'LL HEAR US YELL FOR MORE!
V - I - K - I - N - G - S
SKOL, VIKINGS, LET'S GO!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea said...

Purple is the complement of yellow and so that is why those colors look so wonderful together.

I like vikings because of their hats. Never leave home without a fabulous accessory is what I always say.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home