Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

9.29.2006

More TV Shows

I caught up on three more season premiers this week. Smallville last night on the CW, One Tree Hill also on the CW and I watched Veronica Mars a week early thanks to msn.com. It was good to catch the first episode of VM a week early because I am greedy and can use more Kristen Bell in my life. For a season premier I found it slow, but it did end on a high note and presented some great moments. Since it hasn’t aired yet and I don’t want to give too much away I will just say I liked it and of course will keep watching. I will even watch this episode again when it is on in HD. Later on Wednesday I caught another episode of Bones before flipping the channel and finding out what happened in the Limo crash on One Tree Hill. This is easily the most ridiculous show on television, if Degrassi goes there, then OTH goes therer or even therest. Let’s go over this real quick, the characters are 17 and in High School, and the storylines include a marriage, a school shooting, a pregnancy, a girl who lost both her birth mother and adopted mother to cancer, murder, suicide, and they even manage a ghost. I should be hit in the face for liking this show and yet they redeem all these ridiculous storylines with some great literary quotes and by trying to make it seem like the audience actually knew people like this in high school. Not exactly, but I will keep watching anyway, it’s a freaking train wreck and I can’t help myself. Then last night before the second episode of Grey’s I watched the biggest premier of the TV season Smallville. As always they did a fantastic job, Smallville’s cliffhangers are some of the best in the business and they wrapped up this one in a great fashion. Clark is trapped in the Phantom Zone, Zod is free on Earth and the world is being destroyed. It takes about 45 minutes before Clark gets back to Earth after being saved by one of his fathers former assistants, and once he does he is able to outsmart the General and save the world. After taking up most of the episode wrapping up where they left us at the end of last season they successfully prepare us for another great season of more growth for Clark Kent. The old spot that was once reserved for the Lana/Clark conversation at the end of the show gave us a very moving conversation about Heroes and destiny between Clark and Martha. The show also gave us glimpses of a relationship between Chloe and Jimmy Olsen as well as an awkward foreshadowing moment between Lois and Clark (doesn’t that sound great?) and showed some other possible story lines. The only disappointment would be the previews for next week. I can not stand how Smallville will follow up a great episode with one of seemingly nothing more than filler.

Only two shows left to premier on my list. But so far most are holding strong and my DVR is filling up. 6 Degrees got the axe last night as I took Lunesta instead of watching that garbage. Here is to a great rest of the season. I may even give Lost another shot but that’s a long shot.

Have a great weekend. Shabbat Shalom. Happy New Fiscal Year. Go Gators!!!! Roll Tide !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home