Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

9.05.2006

Labor Day weekend (Why I need to move out of DC)

I tried writing a whole recap of what I did this weekend in NYC but I can barely remember all the details and don’t think it really matters anyway. The trip was amazing in the way you begin to reevaluate your life on the way home. Don’t get me wrong I love my friends in DC and living out here is ok but I always have a great time in New York. Every time I go there I hang out with great people and always seem to meet new people. That is one thing that does not happen in DC; new people rarely enter into my group of friends here. I like that about my friends in NY; they have good taste in friends and always bring something new and interesting to the equation. I also like that bars are open late and the subway is always running. I can’t think of a bad thing to say about the whole experience, even the hangovers weren’t bad. And even though the guys I stayed with called me Grandpa (I am a whole two years older than them) and most of the people I know there are about that age it was refreshing to spend time with a new crowd and interact with new people while I also got to spend time with people I had not seen in years. On my drive home, which was much better than the drive up I gave serious thought to what I am doing in DC and why I am still here. After more than two years I haven’t fallen in love with a single thing about this place and I came to the conclusion that I have to leave this year before I get stuck here in a place I don’t love because it’s easy. I will most likely celebrate my 26th birthday here later this year, but I will not celebrate my 27th here. I may move to NY, I may move to Tel Aviv or LA, I am not set on a single idea but I do know that my experiences in DC must come to a close sooner rather than later so that I can experience more out of life. And I think that is what I appreciate most about this trip, I am just not ready to settle in somewhere and my friends helped me see that.

So thank you all, now I have a resume that needs an update. I will put up some pics from Friday and Saturday night later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea said...

I'm packing my bags and belongings as well. I feel you on all of it. I'm not even sure that the place that I was going to move to before is the place for me anymore. Strange how life twists and turns itself so as to reveal what it's true worth is.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

You know I'm with ya on pretty much all counts...

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home