Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

9.28.2006

Another reason I love Israel

Reading an article in the JPost about a shooting at Dawson University in Montreal I read this:

Later in the week, I was buying groceries on French Hill. The front pages of the Israeli newspapers showed Montreal students with their hands up in the air running through the same streets I've run through so many times, only for different reasons.

"It's terrible," a woman in line said next to me.

"That's my school," I responded in Hebrew. "I just finished last year. My friends are still there."

Without warning the elderly Israeli woman hugged me. She gave me her number and invited me for Shabbat dinner with her family.

Things like this may happen in other countries but I never read about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home