Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

8.07.2006

Sleep Disorders

I have discussed this on here numerous times but I just wanted to throw out a little update. I have been battling sleep disorders for about 5 years now. And it may have been longer than that, when I was in college I used all sorts of things to sleep including Nyquil which worked wonders. Around the time I was studying for my LSAT, waste of time and money that it was, I had to take OTC sleep aids to get some rest the week before the test. In the years since then I have had trouble sleeping on and off but rarely did anything about it. I have taken xanax, drank, taken pain killers, Nyquil, herbal supplements and well you name it I have tried it. A lot of the things I try, including yoga and meditation, do help me fall asleep but I can’t sleep through the night once I am out. The usual night for me goes like this:

11:30 fall asleep

2:00 wake up, roll around a little, fall asleep

4:00 wake up, turn on tv, watch a little, fall asleep

6:30 wake up, look at alarm clock, and realize I still have an hour til I need to get up

7:30 alarm goes off, snooze for 45 minutes

8:15 finally get out of bed, drink obscene amounts of coffee

So, obviously, this is not healthy and last week I spoke to my doctor about it. It was determined that I do not have sleep apnea, which was good to hear since I already have breathing issues. My doctor said I should try out Lunesta and I figured why not, filled the prescription and read the instructions and details. Then last night I gave this hypnotic a try, it was supposed to help you get a full nights sleep. But, that didn’t happen, actually what did happen looks a lot like the above. I am gonna give it another shot but as of today RX sleep aids suck. I think I need to be prescribed xanax to sleep, not to pass out at bars.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

I thought of another one!

Ask them to check if there is an actual hole where the air has leaked out. If there isn't tell them to cut a small one and then tell them to put "stuff" (anything really) into it until the whole chamber of the tire is filled - Gravel, small rocks, sticks, dirt, pieces of glass or metal kicked up off the roads, gum wrappers, etc. Tell them they are fine to drive like this for at least a couple of hours but it will hold even longer if they also seal the filled hole/tire with duct tape.

That's three now!!! WAHOO!!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

Another fantastic idea, maybe I will write a post about it one of these days titled How to handle wrong numbers asking for AAA?

11:51 AM  
Blogger dr.royant said...

Xanax is known to be an FDA (Food and Drugs Administration) approved medicine for treating panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, anxiety related to depression et al and further details on Xanax info make it apparent that xanax is meant for short term treatment of anxiety.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home