Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

8.30.2006

I’m overbooked, overly anxious and overwhelmed

In more proof that life is full of ups and downs, feast and famines I submit this week to you. I am not a regular happy hour person, since I live and work in the burbs it’s a pain, yet somehow I have managed to schedule two for the same night. Which leads to me to one conclusion; I can’t go to either one. Instead I think I will go to the gym, pick up my dry cleaning and pack for NYC. Besides, I did happy hour last night and that is more than enough for one week.

In other news, can this week be any slower? Three more days til football and it is driving me insane, I need game day. I need to wake up on Saturday morning to the sounds of Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso, I need the pageantry, I need the rivalries, I need Matt Leinart’s baby mama (that doesn’t fit at all, does it?), Thursday night will just be a big tease, give me Saturday. I wonder if it is necessary for me to bring my game day mug to NY with me. I would hate to ruin my rituals and have it hurt the team, OK, I will pack it, the home game mug which is blue as opposed to the away game mug which is orange.

And I am also overwhelmed, mostly with this online world we live in. You know on top of this blog, my 3 email accounts, my google groups, instant messenger, google talk and sametime I also had a friendster account and a myspace page. On those last two I never did anything, I really just never got into it, sure I would sometimes look at my friends pages but I didn’t add any friends or even fill out my profile or anything. Recently, though my friends have all made their pages private so I figured what the hell I will give it a shot. I tried, I really did, but as I was sitting there filling out the stuff I realized I had no interest in this at all, so instead I deleted my accounts on myspace and friendster. If you want to contact me there are still a billion other ways. Sorry.

However, while I was filling out my profile which included a nice pic of Bob Dylan instead of me I did come across a lot of quotes I liked from him, here are some of them.

A poem is a naked person... Some people say that I am a poet.

All I can do is be me, whoever that is.

All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.

All this talk about equality. The only thing people really have in common is that they are all going to die.

Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So I disappear a lot.

Democracy don't rule the world, You'd better get that in your head; This world is ruled by violence, But I guess that's better left unsaid.

I accept chaos, I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea said...

The last quote of yours if my favorite of all. And I feel your need for football. I like college football so much - especially the "nothing" teams. I could watch the games one after the other all day long. Oh... and sit and eat hotdog after hotdog too. :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Football season just gives an excuse to sit and yell and drink and eat bad food.

Love it.

PS - I tried to help you...oh well. It's OK, you're better off. :)

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home