Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

8.28.2006

I declare September my favorite month of the year

I know it won’t start for a few more days but really, is there a better month than September? I say no. First off, it opens on a holiday, how many months can say that, a three day weekend right off the bat. Furthermore, it marks the return of college football and primetime television. Here is what my month looks like, I really can not think of a more jam packed month for me all year.

Sept. 1 – 4: I will be in NYC to visit friends, eat Chinese food, drink free wine and watch football at the Gin Mill. I will also maybe, possibly, get tickets to the Yankees game on Sunday.

Sept. 11: Monday Night Football – Vikings at Redskins. The Purple people eaters will take down the deadskins on primetime TV while I watch on in glee with a smile that only a man wearing a purple shirt could understand. This day begins with a half day of work, leads to a full on tailgate and ends the next morning in a horrible hangover.

Sept. 15 – 17: Knoxville, TN. What could be a more fitting way to follow up MNF? I can think of only one way to spend that weekend. Sleeping in a Winnebago during a road trip into the heart of the SEC to watch UF beat up on UT.

Sept. 21: Grey’s Anatomy premiere party hosted by Courttew and featuring the Super Burger Dog. This party will also feature both indoor and outdoor viewing for those who are pet handicapped.

Sept. 22 - 24: Greav is visiting because we are going to the Virgin Mobile fest at Pimlico featuring the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

And then the month comes to a close on Sept. 30th when Alabama meets Florida in Gainesville, I had originally planned on being there in person but that has since changed due to many factors. Still, it will be celebrated appropriately with a BBQ and many delightful beverages as well some friendly banter between Bammers and Gators.

Unfortunately, it all leads into October, a month with very little value, its only holiday is pretty much worthless and the weather isn’t all that nice. October is not my friend and it looks so much worse next to the best month of the year, September.

3 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Call me for the Grey's Anatomy party :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

I dont know if you can handle the Super Burger Dogs.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

And btw October is awesome because it's my birthday. So there. :)

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home