Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

8.04.2006

A Friday quiz

With the heat in DC hitting some near record highs lately I have been wondering what it is most people rather. Obviously, if given the choice we would all live in moderate climates where its like Spring and Fall all year. But if that is not the option, would you rather Palm Trees and perpetual summer or............................







Some beautiful snow covered trees and a long winter?


The truth is that both extremes actually suck big time. And the snow turns real ugly real quick. So, I dont even have an answer for my own hypothetical. If I had to choose between the desert and the Arctic I think I would choose the desert. But if I simply had to choose between DC in the winter or the summer I will take the winter everytime. At least so far winter has been mild and bearable while summer is leaving me gasping for air and sweating in the AC.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

It's a real toss up for me. I actually don't hate the sweltering heat or the snow when it turns from pretty to nasty. I guess I'm weird. I DO admit though, if you had given the option, I would pick Autumn over Spring. I love the crispy weather and sitting outside all bundled up at live sporting events.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

No doubt the Fall is the greatest time of year. I have been thinking about this a bit lately. September is really the best month of the year. The weather is nice, football is back and people are always bbqing and tailgating for games. Baseball is winding up and very exciting and there are new shows on TV. Summer hasn't been fun since I went to Summer camp.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I love summer camp. I used to go to sleepaway ones when I was little and I spent five summers as a counselor at one at the same camp. There is nothing like spending day after day running around with kids, canoeing, tromping through the woods, eating popsicles, and chucking dodgeballs at them. Summer camp is THE BEST. I am such a champ at Capture the flag, too.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

There really isnt much better in the world than Summer camp. Every summer I contemplate quitting my job just to go back as a counselor for two months. But in the real world summer is boring.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home