Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

7.12.2006

This fucking sucks

I wake up today and it’s just like any other day. Coffee, breakfast, get ready for work, stop for gas, give directions, let lost person follow me to the highway, get to work. Then everything goes to hell. The morons at Customs are having even more trouble doing their jobs today than normal which of course means more work for me. Followed up with more soldiers being kidnapped and Israel as close to a full scale war as it has been in a long time leading me to question why exactly I am not there? Then to top it off, I can not fucking breathe, asthma attacks are not cool. I haven’t had one in years, yet all morning I am sitting year with a tight chest and wheezing. This better just be some chest cold and not a sign that I need to up to my dosage of drugs again. At this rate I am going to run out of drugs to use to control this stupid disease. Then there is this little tidbit, since I rarely use inhalers but get them for an obscenely cheap rate through my insurance I have them everywhere, literally everywhere, in my gym bag, my car, my bedroom, bathroom, random back packs, but not in my work bag. So I ran out to my car to get my inhaler, right past the smokers, which sucked too. I just took my second puff of albuterol, rant over.

And just so we don’t get any crazy ideas and you start thinking about the stereotypical movie kid with Asthma. I am not that kid, never was, never will be. My mom made it a point I would never be that kid, she grew up with one; the kid who has asthma and parents that won’t let him do anything for fear of an asthma attack. That is not me, not even close, so thanks mom. I grew up playing sports, doing everything other kids did, I just had to bring my inhaler with me or give it to the trainer on the football team or one of my coaches. It never held me back and now that I take a preventative medicine every night I rarely if ever have problems. I work out and run and play football almost every week but for no reason this morning I can’t breathe, odd. They said I would outgrow the asthma but I should have done that by now, so I figure that if I have had it since I was 2 years old it’s just become another part of life. Something that I actually rarely think about except when I have to take my medicine before bed and on rare nights out where there is a possibility I wont make it home I have to make sure to take my meds before I go out. Ok, three puffs, ten minutes, I am starting to feel better but the morons at Customs are still dumb, one just hung up on me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Awww I have asthma too! I had it really bad when I was younger...in and out of the hospital 1-2 times a year for a week at a time.

I went into the ER this past April for the first time in maybe 3 years...it's just been bad lately.

BTW you have to share about the inhalers...hehe.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

AM - I was a hospital pro too. I was probably one of their most frequent visitors and had many overnights. Including a stay in Childrens ICU, that was fun. The nurses loved me. I havent been in years, I think the last time I had to go to the ER was in college after going to every DMB show in Florida and staying at a couple of friends houses with dogs. That set off the asthma really bad.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home