Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

7.30.2006

OAR concert wrap up with pics

I have been looking forward to this concert for a while so as expected I was up really early. I got my day started with breakfast, watching the news and burning some CDs. Then I got all my things in order for the show and before I knew it I was out the door to pick up my boy Mint and head out for the show. Mint and I met up with the rest of our crew at Harris Teeter, picked up some more supplies(beer, subs and ice) and finally left VA around 3:30. We were having our first beers in the parking lot by 4:45.
And so there we were baking in the late afternoon sun, it was easily the hottest day I have ever experienced in DC. But that just led to more drinking and less eating, although I did eat my Harris Teeter sub and plenty of party mix while we made friends with the Gators in the car next to us. Thats right at a concert with thousands of people we randomly parked next to a car of Florida grads. But those weren't the only people we met up with, there were also a couple of people from the DC live music junkies and another DC blogger.

Sometime around 7:30 we grabbed up our now dozen or so people and headed in to find spots on the lawn. We found a great spot dead center and claimed as large an area as we could. We caught most of Jack's Mannequin who was really good before OAR came on. We hoped with the sundown it would cool down but it didn't.

The show was really good, not the best of theirs I have seen but still really enjoyable and a great way to spend an evening. By the end of the night we had all lost our voices, our shirts had turned into towels, some of us were wasted, others just tired but all of us were starving, hot and beat up.
In the end it was all worth it and I am now looking forward to the next time we can spend an entire devoted to drinking and singing and having fun with good friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

Yeah the sun going down definitely didn't help anything...but a good time anyway! :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger bec said...

after reading that post, i'm wishing for phish to get back together....

9:46 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

AM - great time regardless of disgusting weather.

Bec - Last time I saw Phish was the millenium concert in the everglades. They are amazing in concert. I miss them too but probably nowhere near as much as you. Still, summers are definitely missing something without a Phish tour.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home