Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

7.05.2006

Independence Day

So this is a day late but 4th of July is usually a busy day. Anyway, while my independence day celebration was not up to par with some of my others. I did see this picture online and thought it told a better story than anything I can say. There are many times I take for granted my relative freedom as an American but in the back of my mind I know that this is a great country. Despite periods where the leaders are inept and the population clueless this country was founded on principles that for 230 years have been stronger than the individuals who are charged with upholding them. Who knows what the next 230 years will bring but I do know that the issues of the day are hardly enough to trample the idea that America was founded on. Freedom for all. Its not perfect, far from it, but if there is a place in the world with more opportunity I'd like to hear it. Happy Independence Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home