Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

7.19.2006

All week long...

I’ve sat down at the computer trying to write something, anything, not having to do with the Middle East. Something about DC, something about summer, something about America that is apolitical, and nothing makes its way from my mind to my computer. Even my dreams are consumed by violence manifesting in odd ways. Lately, my sleeping problems, which I have had for quite some time, have led me to try supplements that help you get a good nights sleep without a druggy feeling in the morning. I have not yet crossed over into prescription land when trying to cure whatever it is that makes me wake up multiple times a night. I still can’t sleep through the night but I have recently only been waking up once and usually fall asleep again almost immediately. This is thanks to a new supplement I am taking; the supplement though has an odd side effect, vivid dreams. My dreams are all over the place, last night I had one where I was in the tunnel at Florida Field talking with a Georgia cheerleader, a situation that clearly could not happen since we don’t play Georgia at Florida Field ever, never mind that I would never be in the tunnel or talking to an opposing teams cheerleaders in the first place. I’ve dreamt of my grandparents, of weddings, of awkward encounters with ex-girlfriends, but the most disturbing was of course of little kids in basketball jerseys fighting. I have no idea why I can remember these dreams so well or where the heck the ideas even come from but at least I am sleeping.

Now a few random things to put my mind at ease:

DC is hotter than hell this summer, so hot and the Sun is so bright that I am growing my hair out to avoid sunburns.

Starting in late July, rolling through September will be concert season for me. I am considering going to Lollapalooza in Chicago, OAR in MD, and the Virgin Fest, as well as possibly seeing the Counting Crows and any other bands that come my way. If anyone knows of some lesser known talent that will be in the DC area I would love to hear about them.

And since I can’t make it an entire post these days without something about Israel here is a link to a Charles Krauthammer article on the situation.

Take care

3 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I'll be at OAR too :)

8:13 PM  
Blogger adieu tristesse said...

You refer to dreams – insomnia cannot be viewed to be positive, unless excessive thoughts and exhaustion are favourable. However, perhaps there is a consolation in that they are not nightmares.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Leaf said...

No, there is nothing positive about insomnia, at least nothing during the day that I can think of. I am tired all day long, which leads to excessive use of caffeine. 4 cups of coffee today already and I will probably take some green tea in pill form later in the afternoon. Lately, my dreams have been odd, which is much better than nightmares, I don't recall having a problem with nightmares or anything. At least nothing since the time I watched Stir of Echoes.

Still, short of taking xanax, sleeping pills, or drinking too much alcohol I can not sleep through the night uninterrupted. And since I dont like the way of the above options make me feel I will stick to herbal tea and zma and hope that I continue waking up no more than once and being able to fall back asleep quickly.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home