Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

6.21.2006

Heat, Headaches and Harry Potter

Last night Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat won the NBA Championship. I don’t even like the Miami Heat but it was a really fun game to watch, especially since I was intoxicated on wings and beer. From the Big Hunt to Buffalo Billiards the Heat bandwagon was out in full force in DC. There were maybe two poor Dallas Mavericks fans in the bar but this year the Florida magic was too much and Florida is truly the state of Basketball for 2006. Now if we could just translate some of this good fortune back to Football I think all of us can sleep a little better at night.

Of course I stayed out way too late and had to be at work early this morning, meaning a lovely headache and no time for breakfast. Fortunately, I did get to take a new employee out for a company lunch (I love my Corporate Card). Unfortunately, this new employee is a former Penn State Linebacker who was an electrical engineering major, so I feel like a slacker. But I bet my Poli Sci degree made college a lot easier and a lot drunker than his experience. My headache is just now a dull pain but that should be gone by the time I get my massage (yeah that’s right I am getting a massage).

And finally this has nothing to do with anything other than Ms. Emma Watson, the young actress who plays Hermione Granger in Harry Potter might be young (16 I believe) but that girl loves her some Corona. As a fan of the movies but not one of those nerds who reads the books I actually like that she is doing this as long as she doesn’t end up like some of those other washed up child stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home