Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

6.09.2006

A few days in Florida

I am in Florida for a few days to see my Mom and Grandma. Got in late last night and caught the Heat's loss to the Mavericks in game 1 of the NBA Finals. Everywhere we went was packed with people watching the game, there are no better bandwagon fans than in Miami.

As always Florida is brutally hot and equally humid so I don't think I will be spending too much time outside this weekend. I am actually not even attempting to see a lot of people as this trip is to see my Grandma one more time just in case I don't have another opportunity. That doesn't mean I won't get out to see my friends, as a matter of fact I am going to a movie with lovely and talented tonight, and hopefully catching up with some of my boys after that or tomorrow. But, mostly I am here to spend time with family because no matter how much time you spend with them when you can't do it anymore it always seems like you didn't see them enough. I am afraid of what is to come but I am happy I am able to get at least this one more opportunity to see my history and should I get another opportunity it will just be icing on the cake.

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.
- Bob Dylan

2 Comments:

Blogger Minor Fast Days said...

Let's go Heat. I'm a Knicks fan and there was a time when the Heat were arch-enemies, but I would like to see Reilly get another ring and be recognized for building champions instead of joining champions like Phil Jackson

6:50 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

Not looking good so far. Even though I am rooting for the Heat now, I am not a Heat fan. Let's hope they bounce back tonight.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home