Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

6.19.2006

Do not watch Pirated movies

Two posts in one day!!! I must be crazy, this is completely out of the ordinary but there has been a lot going on and it doesn't always fit in one stream of thought. Anyway, after all my moving and unpacking and getting everything set up all I wanted to do last night was throw on the basketball game and go to sleep. Unfortunately, for reasons I do not understand the cable in my new room only gets 40 channels, no locals and nothing that I usually watch except for Cartoon Network. But I have to have the TV on to fall asleep so I decided I should rent a movie. I drove all the way to blockbuster and didn't bring my card, I bet I could have asked them to just look me up in the computer or something but I decided to buy a couple of previously viewed flicks instead. One of the ones I got was Batman Begins which I had seen when it was still in theaters on a pirated DVD. When I watched it was nothing short of terrible, it was so dark and seemed so slow and hard to follow that I really thought the movie just sucked. Everyone I told this to thought I was crazy and that this was the best Batman since Michael Keaton and yada yada. As I was walking to the checkout line with two other movies I saw Batman Begins and figured why not give it a second chance and I am really glad I did. First of all the picture quality was gorgeous and the sound was great, I was actually afraid my new roommates would be upset from how loud some of the scenes were. This time I did not find the movie slow or dark or hard to follow at all, I thought it was a great flick, probably the best of the recent comic book movies. So, I recommend that everyone stop watching Pirated movies, the ones you can buy on the street or the ones you can download that some dumb ass filmed on a steady cam in a theater. They are all crap and they are ruining the movie industry. Well that and the over inflated costs the studios are charging but thats another story. Now, should you not follow this advice and still choose to watch a pirated movie please make sure that it is a downloadable DVD rip, those are the only versions that will retain the intended quality. Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home