Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

6.23.2006

Bachelor Party Blues

Over the past few years I have had a good amount of friends getting married. That is all good in my opinion, but it is such a burden on young friends to come up with the money for today’s weddings and bachelor parties. My first problem is that most of my friends have moved on to very different places since school so any wedding ultimately means travel and a hotel. But to make matters worse bachelor parties have become trips of their own. This isn’t like even 5 to 10 years ago when my cousin got married and had his bachelor party a couple of nights before the wedding. Now on top of flight and hotel and presents (if they are lucky) I also have to get flights and hotel to some bachelor party destination. I know that this all sounds like a bunch of whining and it is, but here is my real problem with the situation; everyone wants to do the same exact fucking thing for the bachelor party every time. I have been to three friends bachelor parties and 2 of them were in Las Vegas, both of those involved wearing leisure suits. And here we are again, planning another friends bachelor party (a friend who has said he is not interested in a return to Vegas) and what does everyone want to do? That’s right go to Vegas and wear leisure suits. I love Vegas, I really do but with all the other great bachelor party destination possibilities out there I don’t want to spend another $1000+ on a trilogy. Let’s face it just like with movies they only get worse the more times you make ‘em. Hopefully, the bachelor will veto this since all of my suggestions have already been vetoed by a mob of unoriginal assholes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home