Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

5.31.2006

The Kindness of Strangers

For all the ranting that goes on in the blogosphere it is rare to read about a good moment. Especially one involving random people helping others, so here is a story from a good friend of mine who lives in NY.

You should know that this friend is tiny, she might not think so but she is, strong but tiny. And so the story goes like this, my tiny friend and her sister, who I don’t know but given genetics probably is pretty small also are going to buy a TV from someone they found on Craigslist. The sisters head out sometime in the early evening after work last night and arrive at the owners apartment, which just happens to be on the second floor. No elevators of course, and very narrow stairwells, but instead of the two of them having to carry the TV themselves the sellers husband carries it down the stairs for them and even waits for them to get a cab so he can put it in the cab when they leave. All in all, not terribly special since he was the one getting rid of the TV but when the girls got home they still had to get up to their apartment which would be pretty difficult. Except for the fact that a fire truck drove by and a couple of firemen offered to help them. Maybe it was because they are girls, or maybe it’s because New Yorkers like to seem tough but are really soft on the inside, kind of like Sabras. I don’t really know for sure but it was a good story and really what story involving firemen don’t girls like?

In Other News:

-- I think I might have found a place to live finally. I am definitely staying in the DC area for the remainder of the year and found an awesome house that I can move into in a few weeks.

-- It is definitely summer and besides the bugs, humidity and pollen covering my car it is pretty nice out.

-- Short weeks are awesome and I can’t wait for the weekend because we are going to see the Yankees v. Orioles at Camden Yards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home