Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

5.18.2006

A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Such wisdom from an anonymous person, I only wish coffee wasn’t my only friend. Actually, coffee isn’t my only friend, just the only one that I have mutual interests with. I used to have friends who liked to sit down for coffee with me, but we have all gone our separate ways. My coffee addiction goes way back, in high school my friend Jared and I used to spend nights with the local rednecks at the 24 Dunkin Donuts. There were also the times in 11th grade when Bena and I would leave AP English to go to Starbucks. And while I could sit down for coffee with anyone at anytime I don’t think I have any coffee friends, or music friends really, basically everyone who likes the things I do has moved to LA or San Diego. Actually the last time I remember sitting down with someone for coffee was in LA. Maybe I should take the hint, but until then I guess I will enjoy my coffee with one of my other favorite things to do, watch TV.

Some great season finales have aired over the past week with only a few more left. The end of the regular television season is usually really good and really disappointing. I am glad I have a few months of free nights that I wont have to worry about missing anything, but it also means I have said goodbye to some shows forever. One of those shows that never got a chance was Invasion, great show that really was better than Lost even though no one was watching. Stupid Lost fans running to their computers ruined everything. ABC as a whole was disappointing, they did not bring back a great show like Invasion but ordered 22 episodes of that crap What About Brian? over all horrible in my opinion, they also moved Grey’s Anatomy to Thursday when it could have killed on Monday night. The upfronts for the major networks have come out this week and going over the preliminary schedule I will not have nearly as much conflict as I did last season when my DVR was on overdrive. At this very early junction my schedule of shows looks like this:

Sunday – nothing

Monday – Heroes (new show that sounds cool, also the only new show I will be trying out)

Tuesday – Veronica Mars, House (Record one watch the other, two of the best actors on TV, Hugh Laurie and Kristen Bell)

Wednesday – Bones, One Tree Hill (I should be embarrassed with my CW heavy viewing but I can’t help it, I like those cheesy shows)

Thursday – Smallville, Grey’s Anatomy, OC (Watch Grey’s, record OC because everyone at work likes to talk about Grey’s)

Friday – Las Vegas, Numbers (Record both watch them when I get a chance)

Sunday looks like a huge void to me since I had gotten really comfortable watching Grey’s before starting another week of work. At least I will still have my old standard Cartoon Network to hold me over. Have you heard they are bringing back some new Futurama?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home