Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

5.01.2006

Bear Graduates

As I have said before and will say again, I am very proud of my sister and this past weekend I got to see her graduate. It didn’t matter that she went to the all girls’ school in Tallahassee or that their football team doesn’t belong on the field with mine. She graduated in 4 years, a semester faster than I did, and will now be embarking on that lovely post-graduate journey that is a lot different than the one she just finished. The education doesn’t end but Tuesday night specials and $1 drinks are going to be hard to come by. All I will say for now is that I am very proud of my little sister for making it through and joining the 1% of the world’s population with a college degree (a horribly low percentage that I need to look at more) and wherever she ends up and whatever she decides to do with her degree I will support her in anyway I can. If that means moving to Cali or NY or London, go for it, you know I won’t be far behind. Here are some great quotes I found about graduating, one from your keynote speaker, Tom Brokaw:

You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world. ~Tom Brokaw

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.” ~Dr. Seuss

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” ~Henry David Thoreau

And finally, remember that even though school is over and you have a degree your education does not have to stop. If anything you can finally learn things for the enjoyment of learning instead of having the pressure of learning for a grade. I love you bear, congrats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home