Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

5.15.2006

Am I a good Vampire?

The title of the post is completely ridiculous, I know, but please keep reading, it might make sense.

I spend a good amount of time checking out other blogs and although I rarely post comments on most of them, they do sometimes inspire me to write something of my own. Today I was reading over on Jack’s Shack, a blog I just started to check out, and he had a post on Emotional Vampires. When writing about them he decidedly took the negative view of emotional vampires, as those who wish harm on others so they can live off their misery and pain. When reading that I began thinking of myself, I do not wish harm on others, nor do I enjoy their pain, but I too might be an Emotional Vampire. And here is why I don’t think it’s so bad, in the world of Vampires for every Lestat there should be a Louis or an Armand. While the analogy might not be exact, I think my point is that you do not have to be truly evil to live off the emotions of others, even their negative ones. You see, I consider myself a crutch or a shoulder or what have you to my friends and family, and I do not run from that role, I embrace it and revel in it. At times it makes me dark, others I feel ecstatic for helping someone through troubled emotional times. The thing is that I know that while I am not causing pain to others I do on occasion force it out of them so I can share it. That might sound sick and twisted, maybe even a little hard to understand but it is something that I have knowingly embraced for years. So, is it really so bad to be a vampire? Or is it possible that someone like this just might have good intentions?


Sidenote: This is not an attempt to compare myself to Brad Pitt, or take a shot at Tom Cruise, who is really evil, but could you blame me if it were?

2 Comments:

Blogger Minor Fast Days said...

you sound like a therapist or shrink, not a vampire...

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there fellow blogger! I really like your blog! I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a comment telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I have a site Make Money Online . Come and check it out if you get time :-)

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home