Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

4.29.2006

The puppet sex alone was worth it...

...Or impressions of my trip to South Florida

My plan for south Florida was to have a nice chill week of lying out and resting up before heading back to work. How come that never seems to happen? Instead of relaxing and sleeping in then sitting at the pool or at the beach I end up running all over the place, putting grills together and waking up early every morning. I of course don’t really help the rest process since I went out every night I was down there. As a matter of fact the title of this post came from a conversation I was having with the lovely and talented Nicole at the Mai-Kai over a couple Barrels o’Rum. And no matter how much you keep in touch with your old friends it’s impossible to recreate those drunken conservations on a Tuesday night from long distance. After this trip I have come to the conclusion that South Florida is a lot dirtier than I remember and if it weren’t for the beach no one would want to live there. But the beach is really nice and the friends I have there are great, even if I don’t see myself ever going back for longer than a week. So, for now I will head home and look forward to the next time I can sit down with these people over a beer and have great conversations that might eventually lead to puppet sex.

Other things I picked up on vacation:

- Found a new blog I like to read here: Hot Chicks with Douchebags.

- Got a new camera, very useful and fun given all the traveling I do.

- When seeing people from your past take advantage of how they remember you whether you are that way anymore or not.

- When nurses begin singing bad karaoke songs on a Monday night make one pass to see if they are attractive, if they aren’t find another bar.

- And finally, no matter how slow a Wednesday night gets don’t fall for free drinks at a male (or is it a female?) strip club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home