Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

4.03.2006

My mind and my voice are on hiatus

As I predicted the weekend turned out to be just what I needed to get over the boredom that was last week. Actually, it was too good, since I have lost the ability to speak and forming coherent thoughts has been quite a challenge. That's actually why I didn't post my recap yesterday, more importantly though I tried speaking again this morning and I sound terrible, I really need my voice for tonight. It wasn't long ago that Monday night out was a tradition, actually every night out was pretty standard now I am a weekend person who throws in a few week night outings to break up the routine, tonight will be one of those nights. Here is how we got here and why I have no voice.


This whole journey leading up to tonight began on March 24 when I left work early to watch the Gators play the Hoyas at a Georgetown bar. On that day we knew we would be outnumbered and so began the drinking and the shouting and the cheering, the near fighting and attempted girl stealing, as well as the successful theft of many pitchers. Gators win, great night, dance home, make that stumble home, rest then repeat. Sunday night comes, not your standard drinking day, but we drink and we watch and we cheer, less Villanova fans, less fighting, no theft. But that does bring me to this past weekend where it set up the scene nicely. The Gators play at 6:07 Saturday, early enough that going out Friday night would be a waste unless you had a totally shitty week and have an excuse (a peripheral friends birthday) to go out. This leads to the consumption of way too much liquor, eventually being cut off at the bar (not my fault actually, my roommates got cut off and I got lumped in with them), which somehow led to eating falafel on the metro home. After all that I had to get up early for the game on Saturday, what can be said about Saturday night. Here it is in rapid fire: game, food, lots of beer, car bombs, shots, Ed doing push ups at the bar for free drinks, Gators win, our new friends E-dub(the bartender) Greg, James and Tiffany(Mason fans), Ed calling someone's girlfriend white trash then having drinks with them and asking them to slap him in the face, pictures of cherry blossoms, a girl from LSU who went to Alabama, UCLA basketball fans who went to UCSB and didn't know the difference between Florida and Florida State, The Big Hunt where taking a nap is perfectly acceptable, sleeping on the metro home and surviving all of that. I am tired just typing it.


Sunday was spent in recovery, I avoided speaking hoping to rest my voice for tonight, it hasn't helped. My voice is still gone but I did enjoy the silence of Sunday, I watched King Kong, a movie 2 hours too long and made it to the gym. Then fell asleep early to the thoughts of a Gator National Championship. I have also blocked off the entire morning tomorrow at work so no one can bother me, meaning I can potentially sleep until 11 am. I am gonna go gargle some salt water and drink some tea and try to find what I have lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home