Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

3.12.2006

This suburban life

Yesterday in Northern Virginia we were graced with the first really nice weather in a while. Rumor is it might snow by the end of the week so it was a good idea to get outside and enjoy the nice Spring-like weather. My roommates thought this meant driving to the mall(as in shopping mall, not the Mall with the monuments and museums) with the top down. I, however, thought this was the perfect opportunity to see exactly where I live. Sure I drive around my neighborhood all the time but everything just seems to fly by, you don't get a real feeling for the place in the seconds it takes to drive by. So, with nothing else to do I decided to walk around town with no real destination or timeframe. My friends think I am crazy, and its probably true, but I had a good time walking around for an hour or so. Here are some observations I made:
  1. The suburbs aren't really so bad, but I am just not ready for this life.
  2. The park was packed with people, again cool, but I don't have kids or a dog to go there with.
  3. Half the houses I walked by made me miss Minnesota, while the other half made me miss Florida.
  4. Don't walk through the woods in shorts unless you know what is in there. I got stuck all over by some sort of spikey vine thinger.
  5. Finally, looking back at #2. I have only confirmed that my dog rental business would be a great idea. I just need someone to invest since I obviously don't have start up capital. Anyone reading this who wants my business model for the dog rental and is prepared to fund this venture please let me know. I'll be holding my breath
Alright, thats it for today, I have a lot of packing and shopping to do. Living out of a hotel for 10 days requires a lot of preparation and I have a game to watch. Go Gators!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home