Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

3.16.2006

Publix

In total I have spent approximately 3-4 years of my adult life outside of Florida and there are very few things I actually miss about it, not even the weather so much, but there are three things that I have to have when I visit. All of course are food related; LaSpada’s Subs “The Best Damn Hoagies”, Char-Hut, and Publix. Since I am not in Florida right now I can only imagine how good LaSpada’s and Char-Hut are but here in South Carolina I can go to Publix all I want. There is actually one about a mile outside the front gate of Ft. Jackson. Publix for those of you who don’t know is quite possibly the best supermarket in America; if this were a fight Publix would kick the ass of Giant, Winn-Dixie and Safeway in one quick sweep. Obviously, my first stop after checking into my hotel on Monday was Publix, not that there was much I could get since I’m in a hotel but still Publix is one of those places that no matter where it is you know where everything is. So, I get to Publix and walk around for five minutes with a huge, possibly creepy grin on my face. What can I say I was happy to be there and who wouldn’t be when there were gorgeous girls in every aisle and Publix Subs ready to be made at your command. I have been in town four days now and have been to Publix three times and have had 2 Publix subs. This whole experience reminds me of my buddy Mike’s feelings towards Target as compared to Wal-Mart, Mikey explains it like this, “At Wal-Mart you may meet a one night stand but at Target you might meet your wife.” Mike is a deep guy, that’s kind of how I view Publix compared to other stores; I may just go back again tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home