Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

3.16.2006

Night out in Columbia

Every fielding trip I have made we have always taken the time to explore our surroundings. Columbia seems like it is one of the better places to do that, I am really looking forward to going down to 5 points this weekend for there big St. Patty’s bash. Comparing this to St. Robert, MO where the only place to go were Adult video stores and strip clubs the bars and restaurants of Columbia were definitely more fun.

My co-worker and I started out our night mooching free happy hour drinks at the Embassy Suites hotel in downtown Columbia. Why more people don’t find out about these hotel happy hours in there home towns and take full advantage is beyond me. After having a few beers at the hotel we headed over to the Liberty Tap Room and Grill, they had a great selection of beers and the food was decent, maybe I am not picky but I don’t think I have ever met a steak I haven’t liked. From the tap room we headed over to another bar/restaurant called the Flying Saucer where the waitresses were wearing Catholic School girl outfits. Complete torture the little skirts and the stockings, although I could have done without the South Carolina shirts. When I am traveling I do most of it alone so waitresses and bar tenders usually become my best friends in the towns I visit and these girls were close to the top of my list, all of them were friendly, attractive and helpful. Of course they have to be but still I found the ladies we dealt with to be nicer than most. The Flying Saucer was supposed to be the end to the night but somehow I got conned into checking out the strip club by the Embassy Suites, apparently the guy I work with had gone there the night before and wanted to go back and visit the dancer he met the night before. I had one beer, watched some dancing and then left my buddy there to do his thing. The truth is that I just don’t like strip clubs all that much, its not that I have something against it morally and I don’t think I even have a problem with the strippers per se but for some reason I have no desire to pay a girl, even a beautiful one with an adorable accent, to give me a dance. There is just something so dishonest about the whole thing that I guess I can not get over. I finished up the night by carefully driving back to my hotel, setting my alarm for three hours later and passing out. Today surprisingly has not been so rough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home