Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

3.26.2006

Madness

March is my favorite time of year. Sure its spring and the weather is finally starting to get warm outside. But most importantly there is always basketball on tv. This year the Gators are going on one hell of a run, returning to the Final Four for the third time and the second under Billy D. Basketball is not that important in the Sunshine state but it is sure becoming much more than a way to pass the time before Spring practice. The orange and blue game is on April 22nd by the way. So, my weekend and the last couple have been dedicated to the Mighty Gators who have not disappointed me yet. They should be the favorites to win the whole thing of the teams that are left and they have really been the most exciting team so far.

On Friday night the Gators played the Georgetown Hoyas in the round of 16 and being in DC my friends decided it would be a good idea to go to a Hoya bar. It ended up being a great idea. Scott and I got to the bar at 4:45 pm and were part of the first group of people to get into the bar when it opened at 5. Of course when it was just the two of us people were talking shit left and right, including the pretty boy bouncer who told us to find a new bar. We stayed, talked shit, saved room for the 50 or so other Gators who showed up to watch with us and out cheered all those private school kids. In all honesty, there was only one Hoya fan who was a real jerk, the rest were just being good fans and if I payed 100 grand for my undergrad degree I would be proud of it too. So, I really don't blame them but I was very happy when the bar cleared after we won. Even one of the bartenders told me he couldn't stand the Hoya fans and was glad that we won even though it hurt his pocket. By the end of the night I had been drinking for about 8 hours, the Gators won and I lost everyone I knew. Stumbling home drunk is actually a pretty good way to end a night in March.

Since the Gators won on Friday the party continued to Sunday. On Sunday a bunch of Gator friends got together at Buffalo Billiards in DC to watch the game against #1 seed Villanova, and of course the Gators won, getting revenge for last years tourney defeat. The Final Four is set, my plans aren't, but at least I know I have to be somewhere to watch the Gators take on George Mason at 6:07 pm Saturday night. Since I work with Mason grads I am tempted to go to the Mason bars and watch with them, on the other hand it would be cool to get another group of Gators together somewhere in DC, or I could go up to NY and watch the game at the Gin Mill with the Gotham Gators.

So I will close with two questions: 1. What should I do for the Gators Final Four run? and 2. Has anyone ever said Gators more in one short post?

Good night and Go Gators (If this doesn't make a lot of sense it's just because I'm drunk)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home