Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

3.23.2006

An end of sorts

I finished up my work at Ft. Jackson yesterday at noon and I could not wait to get out of there. The whole two weeks I worked down there ended up being a nightmare. Try training 100 soldiers to use a system that is for the most part completely against there way of thinking. You see our system is not linear like the thinking of the US Army, you can perform the functions in different orders and still get the same results, but in the army everything has a set way, a set order and so there is always some difficulty when training. On top of this throw in network problems on post and system outages back in Virginia and you get a stressful two weeks. I spent the majority of my time trying to re-create errors that users were getting and constantly calling or emailing back to Virginia to let them know of all the problems we were encountering. I am thankful that is over and thankful to be back in my own bed.

Outside of work I did enjoy my time in Columbia, SC. It was not the type of town I would live in now but I could certainly see why kids choose to go to college there. The atmosphere is great for a college town, the combination of college town and military base that is home to many new recruits must play out interestingly. The one thing I wish I had done but didn’t think of in time was make it to Myrtle Beach, I was only about two hours away and really should have taken the time get over there last weekend. I am not sure where my next client will take me, I am hoping to avoid NASA in Huntsville, or the Air Force in Provo, and maybe get lucky enough to land on one of the projects in Philly or Denver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home