Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

3.16.2006

Airports

Monday morning I had my flight out to Columbia, SC and since I got hammered on Sunday watching the SEC Championship game spending the day at the airport was the last thing I wanted to do. I also happened to pack wasted meaning I forgot important things like shorts, I brought everything else but for some reason no shorts, now the only thing I have to wear outside of work are one pair of jeans. Good thing I am staying near the Richland Mall. Anyways, back to the airport, as usual there was a delay to my flight schedule, a plane switch and a lot of confusion. I was very tempted to give up my seat and wait for a much later flight but I don’t think my employer would have appreciated that. So, I got on the original flight only on a smaller plane which meant people were booked for seats that didn’t exist, that didn’t stop me from grabbing a seat popping xanax and passing out while reading border line obscene poetry. The flight was pretty smooth, slept most of the way and landed in beautiful weather at the Columbia Airport which is nice and small. As far as airport adventures go it wasn’t too bad, the flight was short but cramped, and the delay was reasonable, actually it was pretty good compared to some of my other misadventures at airports. For instance the time I spent 13 hours in the airport in Atlanta and had my gate changed something like 6 times all while running around with the largest non-rolling carry on in the history of travel (although that is not a confirmed fact). Comparatively, Columbia airport was a great experience, getting my bags and rental car were not hard and I was out of there and on the way to my hotel in minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home