Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

1.08.2006

Random thoughts after a random weekend

So the first work week after the new year came and went bringing us back to the weekend. With everyone back in town it seemed natural to get out for a while. However, Friday night came and went and I decided to stay in. I had friends heading out but for some reason I have found myself less willing to go out on Friday nights. I am not sure if it is a religious thing or just a winter thing. May just be a lack of desire but I find myself more and more concerned with observing Shabbat even if I am still not going to services.

So while Friday night was reserved for personal reflection we did get out on Saturday night. It was the last night in town for two of my co-workers. They started IBM with me a year and a half ago and are now being relocated to Huntsville, AL. We headed out to Adams Morgan, checked out Millie and Als, TS Muttlys and Aylum. Of course, I got the recently inevitable question from the bouncer, "hey man, you military?" I hear this way too much now. Its kind of funny because I do work with the Army but I feel like I am letting people down if I just tell them I an IT nerd who works for IBM. The night eventually ended with giant slice, an Adams Morgan tradition. These pizza slices are the size of your head, absolutely, ridiculously huge.

Which leads me to Sunday, love lazy Sundays and not just the awesome short that has spanned the internet. Speaking of which if you liked Chronic of Narnia check The Lonely Island. I spent most of my day recovering, didn't successfully accomplish that until around 4. By then I felt well enough to head to the store and begin cooking. Cooking is another thing I have been doing in much higher frequency lately. Finding new healthy recipes and making some of my moms old favorites has become something I really enjoy. Tonight I went old school, made a huge batch of my Moms Barbecue sauce, Baked Ziti, and a steak and broccoli. The baked ziti should last me all week, its great to have around. Hopefully I can come across some more recipes to add to my rotation. Anyway, back to another week of work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home