Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

1.26.2006

I Watch Entirely Too Much TV

In all honesty, I don't really feel bad about it but I realize that it is a bit of a problem. I have a show I can watch everyday of the week, which is fine but my Wednesday is now slipping into Thursday and my DVR might malfunction soon from overuse. Last fall there was one show that I watched consistently and all others I pretty much watched if I caught them. But something happened during the Summer that has made me a TV addict. Well, it was two things really, first being the whole TV show on DVD thing, and second being my Digital Video Recorder. Over the summer I got hooked on the OC and Lost by watching all the episodes on DVD, working from home I was able to do this rather quickly and was hooked, so now I have to watch all the episodes as they happen. (Sidenote: I actually liked both shows much better on DVD, I am not sure if that is because I could actually watch them back to back or because this season just isn't that good.) So, the DVD's got me hooked on a few new shows then the DVR allowed me to get into some more that were on when I normally was watching something else, now I'm up to 3 shows at 9pm on Wednesdays.

This is a little long but here is what I am watching, feel free to question my choices or the sheer amount of time I spend with the Idiot Box.

Sunday: I watch Grey's Anatomy and Adult Swim. Grey's is one of the best shows on television and Adult Swim although I don't like there current lineup is still the best place for late night TV.

Monday: The lightest night not on the weekend, I only watch Las Vegas on NBC. Decent show that I got into because I love the real Vegas but the show has not been that good lately. Monday is a pretty weak night for TV though so this show stays in my rotation.

Tuesday: A once really strong serious night is now a really strong comedy night. I started out the season watching Bones and House on Fox, both great shows of the medical mystery drama genre, but since Fox changed its schedule to accommodate Idol and NBC brought back Scrubs I have been watching back to back episodes of Scrubs on Tuesday nights followed by CBS's new show Love Monkey. Not sure if it will make it but the lead character is the same actor who played JDs brother on Scrubs so I figured I would give it a shot, its not bad, but I bet it wont make it, its not for a CBS crowd. All this and soon House returns to Tuesday which means I will have to record and watch that or Scrubs on Wednesdays.

Wednesday: 5 shows, that's right 5. 3 of them at the same time, I had to watch 2 this morning before I went to work. Which is why I think I have a problem, but I am ok with it. At 8 I watch a show I am too embarrassed to list by name, but its about two brothers who play basketball and one of the female leads is a former TRL host. After that I watch Veronica Mars which I am not embarrassed about at all. Then I round out the night with Invasion at 10, that show has really grown on me. But today I had two shows waiting for me on the DVR, Bones(which moved from Tuesdays) and Lost. Lost is not as good as it was on DVD but Bones is really good despite starring the guy who played Angel on Buffy.

Thursday: Only 2 shows to watch and they made my life easy by moving from the same time to 8 and 9 pm. Smallville, the show I have been watching for 5 years, the only show I made it a point to watch all through college is on and doing very well, even if the 100th episode really pissed me off. And of course the OC, as someone who grew up on 90210 twice(I watched it the first time around then again when it went to reruns on FX) I didn't want to give this show a shot until my roommate made me watch the first two seasons. I don't even really like this season but I have to keep watching just because something good might eventually happen and because I think the writers have made Summer into the ideal female. Seriously, she is really smart, but acts like a ditz, very feminine but a little firm, just girly enough to not bother you and be kind of cute about it. Plus she can be silly which is hard for a lot of people.

I don't watch any TV on Friday or Saturday consistently. If I happen to be in on Friday night I will usually avoid TV but I do sometimes watch Numbers on CBS. Does liking 2 shows on CBS mean I am getting old? Please no one answer that. As far as Saturday I don't even know if there is television on Saturdays once the Fall is over, I have never watched anything other than College Football on Saturdays. So that is it, I am done ranting about my addiction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

House MD is one of my favorite shows of all time. Seriously.

My favorite episode was the one from this past season where he broke the MRI machine/room because he wanted to see what happened if you scanned someone with a bullet in his head - that of which he shot minutes before into the head of a random cadaver in the morgue.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home